Government Accountability Team
The Government Accountability Team’s goal is to work on climate action legislation and policies at the city/county/state/federal levels, sharing NCN!’s recommended actions with elected officials, and working with these officials and staff on climate policy action.
- We review local government agendas to identify key issues and determine when comments should be made at public meetings
- For significant matters, we activate our Call-to-Action Network, recruit individuals to attend and speak up at meetings, coordinate with the Communications committee to write letters to the editor, opinion pieces for local media, and content for our website and social media.
- We conduct research and compile information to share with elected officials and their staffs.
- Prepare questionnaires and interview candidates running for office to learn more about their positions as they relate to our core goals, then publish results to educate the public about their positions.
- We network with other climate-action organizations like 350BayArea, 350Cali, Sierra Club, and the Climate Center.
Contact us to join this team or learn more.